This year I'm attempting NaNoWrMo, National Novel-Writing Month. The challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. It's not as hard as it sounds; I've done it three times --- My Diary is the result of one. My username there is david.given if you want to track my progress.

This time I'm doing it on my own word processor, WordGrinder. That is, after all, why I wrote it (last November). And it's a really great way of finding bugs.

Last night I discovered a typo (a p instead of a P) that caused it to crash untimely, taking 460 of my hard-earned words with it. Thus proving that when things go wrong, they do so at the worst possible time (because if I'd written more I'd probably have saved).

Anyone out there who's using WordGrinder should upgrade immediately. You Have Been Warned.